20130423

Bell's Palsy; Week Four


Not much new to report this week except that I am clearly making progress. People who saw me a week ago are commenting that I'm looking better. I no longer need the eye-patch at all and probably don't need to use eye drops during the day. I still need to tape my eye shut at night, but that may not be for much longer. My speech is clearer and I can make myself understood without holding my cheek up. Looking at me, I'm told that I look nearly normal - it is only when I am animated that one side is clearly not following along.
I have noticed that I've experienced some discomfort in my jaw; as if I have been clenching it while asleep. I'm not sure what that's about, but I report it for completeness sake.
I still get fatigued. It may be that because I am feeling better, that I press myself more and thereby tire myself out.
Progress is generally up, but variable. Yesterday was rather good but I could tell as soon as I woke up this morning that today was going to be a slight set back.
I continue to feel occasional twitching and - despite my very learned physician's comment - believe that phenomena to be a sign of improvement. For what it's worth: I rarely had twitching like this before being afflicted with the palsy; it is not occurring anywhere else on my body - only on the left side of my face; and once it began about two weeks ago, I started seeing improvement. So my conclusion is that there is some connection with the twitching and my palsy.

No comments: