20170912

But...

Well, the last text emphasized God’s absence. BUT we return to God’s nature and work in this next bit:
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-- by grace you have been saved (Eph. 2:4-5 ESV)
So, this relates to what I’d talked about before regarding “trespass” and death (see previous blogpost). Even though we’ve messed things up, very badly, still God is rich in mercy.
That phrase, “God is rich in mercy,” stood out to me. It brought to me a feeling God’s presence in the mercy he has granted me.

-->
That the text also ends on the theme of grace punctuates the completeness of God’s mercy. Subjectively, this was like his hand on my shoulder at the thought of his copious mercy to me – and to realize that he has extended his mercy to many, many others!

No comments: